Sunday, August 21, 2005

Just stuff

Oh, what joy it is to pack up all your crap so you can move it. Such fun. Then again, I'm usually full of shit, so you can take it any way you want. I will happily admit to my faults, unlike many who decline to admit that they are human and can make mistakes. I try not to get too close to those kind of folks, since they usually tend towards pig-headedness, to put it nicely. My time is mine to waste, but that's going a bit too far, even for me and my weirdness.

Hmmm... What to write. I am just sitting around, doing some file copying to CD and trying to keep an eye on the kids playing with their XBox. Or is it X-Box? I don't really care, it's mainly something for the kids to do when they get really bored and no one is willing to run them to the pool. We haven't been to the pool in a while, so I figure that one more trip will do it for the year. I hope so, anyway. School starts up on the 29th of August so they don't have much time left. That, and the weather has been kind of funky, recently. I think all the hotness has departed and the coolness is here to stay.

Oh! I almost forgot. I have to mention this - it looks like I will have to go with satellite Internet access at the new home. It may be hard to believe, but the little town we are moving to doesn't even have DSL Internet! Satellite won't be too bad, since no one really plays anything online that would require something like DSL or cable to play. As long as nothing requires "twitchy" moves, it should be okay, I guess. I do a lot of file transfers with a buddy in Washington state, so I don't know, yet, how that will be affected. It seems that downloading is set to some kind of "limit" so I will have to see what happens. Oh, don't worry, nothing illegal - I'm too chicken when it comes to what could happen if I did get stupid enough to do something illegal. So, I guess I'll still miss out on all the P2P file-sharing networks out there. No great loss, I have enough problems what with all the legal crap I download and/or buy and deal with.

Guess that's it for this time. I'm tired of typing and just want to go over the files I have copied. Such fun, I got.

No comments: