Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The last few days

Wow, what a weekend! I have been pretty busy the last few days and today (Tuesday) is my "sit-around-and-do-nothing-much" day.

Let's see - - on Friday my wife, son, mother-in-law and I took a trip to Pueblo, Colorado, in order to watch my brother-in-law be ordained as a deacon in one of the local Catholic churches. He's the first deacon in this area in over 150 years. My mother-in-law is tickled pink to be "in the book" as the mother of the first deacon in this area in such a long time. Anyway, we left here about 4 PM and got there about five thirty, ate at a restaurant and then went to the ceremony. I think there was a total of eight guys getting ordained, so it lasted from 6 PM till about 10 PM, including the sort-of "snack time" afterwards. Then we left and finally managed to get my mother-in-law home about 11:30 PM and then home and to bed about 1 AM.

On Saturday morning, we dragged ourselves out of bead about 9 AM and went to garage sales. Got some decent deals, including an X-Box for a hundred bucks, which came with four disks with games on them. I think I'll hook it up later today and let the kids check it out. I'm not much of a "game box" player, except for games on the computer. Still, I may check it out. Heh.

On Sunday morning, we got up about 7 AM so we could go to the first Mass performed by my brother-in-law. It was a 9 AM Mass, so we didn't get out of all the hoo-ra until about noon. Then we went over to my mother-in-laws house for a while and then on to my brother-in-laws house for a while. We finally managed to get back home about 5 PM. Oh, I almost forgot! The Mass was taped and shown on the local leased cable channel and one part is pretty cool. The location of the camera was back to one side, near the front, and my sister(step) and her son were clearly visible from the back. When they did the communion bit (you know, the bread and wine thing) the camera clearly caught my mother-in-law coming back to the pew and pulling on my sister's(step) hair. We all got a good laugh out of that, knowing that perhaps dozens of people will see that.

On Monday my wife and I got up about 8:30 AM so we could give my brother-in-law a tape of the ceremony (which we copied off the tv station which broadcasted it) and I could get to a doctor appointment. We were running around, including a stop at my mother-in-law's house, until 5 PM.

As you can see, the weekend was pretty busy (for me, anyway) and today, Tuesday, is my day to be a "bum". Of course, when I woke up about noon, the rest of the family was not here, having gone to my mother-in-law's house. As I type this, I am home alone and just reading e-mail and surfing the web. Oh, and doing this blog write-up, too.

Tomorrow is grass cutting day, so I may not post, but you never know. Hell, with my luck, I may be able to post in a few days about how I cut off some appendage while mowing the yard. Either that, or have an interesting story about how the weed-whacker ate my shoe or something.

That's it for today. Have a nice one.

No comments: