Sunday, July 31, 2005

Late again, as usual

Oh, well, such is life. Hell with trying to "keep up with the Jones'", I have enough trouble keeping up with myself. Not to worry, I'll just stumble along and do what I want, so that works for me.

Interesting day. I'm sort of in the middle of sorting through all the movies we have. Of course, my wife is doing the most sorting, I am just sort of checking them off against the list from the database. Yes, we have a database of all the movies we have. After all, it's the easiest way to keep track of over 2000 movies. Yes, over two thousand. Most are VHS, but we are getting there with collecting DVD's, too.

I figured I would spend a few minutes and write up something to put in my blog.

My son is sitting (laying) on the couch and whining about us watching a movie all together. He is of the mind that when you say "maybe" or "possibly", he is to take it that it means "yes". Gets interesting, at times. Then again, if you flat out say "no", he tends to do everything except hyper-ventilate. Oh, he's nothing like he was a couple of years ago, but seeing as how he is now 12 years old, he can, on occasion, deal with the word "no". I guess we are to blame, since we do have a nasty tendency to tell him "later" and not carry through with it. Of course, I have the fun habit of asking him if I can start acting like he does. That produces the most amazing look of disgruntlement. It should be put on the bulletin board at the post office to be used as a guide for having the "look of being disgruntled". (I still wonder what the hell a look of being "gruntled" would be. Can anyone enlighten me, please?)

Okay, it's now late and I am going to go to bed.

No comments: