Friday, July 22, 2005

Today's blathering

Well, I said that I will try to play catch-up with my posts, and here it is.

I grew up in Arkansas. (Oh, shut up.) We lived just outside of a small town. (Oh, shut up!) We weren't the richest folks around, but we most definitely weren't the poorest. We made do and that's saying something when you live in a small town in Arkansas. (Will you stop?!?) When I was big enough I actually made my own money by picking peaches. I was one of the lucky ones - I could wear just about anything, since the "peach fuzz" never seemed to bother me. All about me, people were wearing long-sleeved shirts in August, while I was in shorts, tennis shoes and short-sleeved shirts. Of course, it also helped that I was half-monkey and managed to be the one who climbed into the trees for peaches that others couldn't quite get to.

Oh. Hell. No.

No, I think I have changed my mind.

Since it seems that few, if any, are reading this, I will talk about what the hell I want to. If I want to whine, I will fucking whine and that's all there is to it. If no one wants to read my whines, that's fine, at least I am WRITING and that's my main point.

I. Will. WRITE.

Period.

Hmmm.....

I read the other day where a lady who does publishing work is being scammed by way of someone using her name to spam folks about using her services. That really sucks. I mean, it's bad enough that there are all those low-life, scum-sucking, totally useless shits doing spamming and stealing identities. Now, it's getting so anyone with an honest outlook is prey to them. I don't have a URL (yet), but I honestly expect that some slime-bag will use it to send out spam or even attempt to steal my identity. That's the sad part, when you want to hope for the best, yet are forced to accept that some scuzzey, hopeless, shit-brain will steal anything that's not locked down and password protected. I can only hope, that when it happens to me, that the low-life scum-gurgler at least gives me a "reach-around" when he/she/it screws me. That way, I won't feel too bad when I use the legal system to give her/him/it a "dirty sanchez". Heh. (I won't link to Wikipedia to give you the definitions to those two items, but you can have fun looking them up all by your lonesome, eh?)

Okay, what else?

Trying to keep it flowing, here, if you are wondering. That's one of my main problems - flow. I have so much running through my head that it's hard to slow it down enough to get it onto the page. I have a really nasty habit of not being able to keep a thought flowing. I get one idea going along really well and then, screech, vroom, it's off and running in a completely different direction. I am trying to type this and I keep thinking of how I need to make a trip to the Social Security office today. I have a feeling that they are going to try to send my money to a bank where I have closed the account, so I have to check that out. My wife and sister(step) are currently at the local college, getting my sister(step) set up for fall classes. So, when they get back, I will make that trip to the S.S. office.

Ah, yes. When I am out and about, I also have to stop by the cable tv place and get another booklet about how the remote control works. My old tv bit the big one and we went out an bought a new one the other night. I did try to call the cable folks, but the codes they gave me to set up the remote didn't work, so I figure asking them for a booklet shouldn't get their knickers in too much of a knot. I keep having this semi-idea of getting one of those remote control watches, but with my luck, the damned thing will blow my arm off when I try to program it. I have a habit of trying to make things like that do a bit more than they are really supposed to do. Kind of like how I have one computer that has been reformatted at least 5 times in the last three months. Heh. I have found out a few things about Windows XP that aren't common knowledge, that's for sure.

Okay, that's it for today. I will see if I can come back tomorrow with more blathering bullshit to bore the bejeebers out of the poor schmucks how have the bad luck to read this crap. Heh, heh, heh.

No comments: