Sunday, July 24, 2005

Today's meandering

Oh, shit! I missed a day of posting! Does that mean that I am no longer a "good" blogger? Or just someone who is not as concerned about posting as much as humanly possible (as some bloggers are)? Heh.

I love to read. Mainly, I love to read Science Fiction. If I had to pick a favorite writer, I would have to say that Robert Heinlein is the best. I don't stop to say that any particular writer is not any good, as I have a tendency to read first and decide after I have finished the story. One thing I have to comment on is that I tend to draw the line when they (Science Fiction writers) cross the line into fantasy. Some writers have tried to combine the two, Fantasy and Science Fiction), and it tends to result in mostly mediocre returns; most with outstandingly crappy results. Oh, there are probably some out there, that I haven't read, that are really very good, I just haven't found them, yet.

In my opinion there is one writer who seems to stand head and shoulders above other writers when it comes to trying to combine Fantasy and Science Fiction, with results that are head and shoulders above the rest in terms of being really sucky. That writer is Stephen King. I don't know. It seems to come out as either sucky fantasy or testicular-cancer inducing fiction. Either way, I have never been able to get more than about 6 pages into any of his books. "Jim is blah, blah, blah, Harry did blah blah blah, but don't really expect to see them much, even though I spent twenty pages giving them background that will never show up again, but Susan did blah blah blah, while over at the shack in the swamp someone is given an important description that has absolutely nothing to do with the plot, as such." Actually, I did manage to get halfway through "The Stand", but the movie, sucky-ass as it was, was miles and miles better than the book. At least, to me it was. Sorry if I upset any King fans, but what I have just written is my opinion and, good, bad or indifferent, it is just as important and valuable as your opinion is.

I realized that I made a comment about not knowing if anyone is reading this or not. Makes me wonder. I guess I will have to do some looking around Blogger and see if there is a way to see how many folks are stopping by to check this crap out. Can't hurt. It's not like I am a blog-whore anyway. Wait. Does blog-whore mean that I want people to read my blog or that I read other people's blogs? Maybe I'll do some reading and find out, since I don't think anyone reading this will actually stoop to making a comment. Oh! Sorry Zero Boss! Not meaning to add you into that. Heh. Just a slip.

Okay, I have helped the maintenance guy fix the ceiling fan in the "computer room" and my wife is now taking a nap. Since I have only been up, myself, for a couple of hours, I think I will just do some surfing and see what I can see.

Does this mean that I am required to post again, as soon as humanly possible, in order to be put into the same category as the "good bloggers"? Feh, hell with that, I'll post when I damn well want to, blogger status be damned.

Later.

No comments: