Thursday, July 21, 2005

More meandering

Okay, since my life is/has been so boring the last few days, I guess I can tell an anecdote about growing up. Maybe not. Then again...

All right, I'll just talk about the last few days.

Nothing much has happened. We all went up to my Mother-in-laws house the other day and had what my wife called a "picnic with mom" afternoon. We has some leftover pizza from the evening before and we took that, and some flavored bottled water (I didn't drink any - universe forbid if I drank something other than pure Pepsi!), up to her place and ate. Oh, and drank, too. (Just water and Pepsi, no booze.) Of course my wife did happen to have an ulterior motive. Turned out that that was the day her brother was to bring over ten bags of ready-mix cement. I didn't know about that, until just before we left the house to go to mom's.

I did what I could, when it came to helping unload those suckers, but I felt like slime since I couldn't help the way I really wanted to. Being medically unfit for all but the most basic of chores really sucks. Hell, I'm lucky if I can vacuum one room without wanting to lay down and scream for an hour or so. But, without consideration to my medical condition (in another word, "stupidly"), I helped move some of those bags of cement. Needless to say, methadone was my closest and dearest friend for that evening. So much so, that I even got constipated and didn't poop for three days. Such fun.

Shit, I just realized that most of my posts seem to be me whining about my condition. Well, I think that will change with my next post. I am going to relate to pleasant things if it frigging kills me. Nobody likes a whiner and I seem to spend most of my time doing that. Okay, okay, I will do whatever I can to stop that shit and move on.

Hmmmmm.....

Maybe I will talk about my childhood. Can't be any worse than some of what I have read on other blogs. I mean, if someone can talk about how they are such a dick tease and get tons of comments, can I do less? Wait. Did that come out right? Hell with it, I can say it if I want to. Still... Something just doesn't seem right, here. Oh. I see. Shit. Nevermind.

At least I have the satisfaction of knowing that I post more than quite a few of the blogs I have read. Though I do post a hell of a lot less than most that I do read. Maybe I'll get off my ass and try to play catch up with them. Can't hurt and maybe it'll start my creative juices to flowing a bit better and I can get back into my writing. Beats going out to moms every day, just for something to do, maybe. Hopefully?

That's enough blathering for now.

No comments: