Friday, May 13, 2005

A little catching up?

Geeze, I didn't realize that it's been so long since I posted here. Heh. Life has a habit of kicking me in the ass so much that I think my butthole is in the region of my shoulderblades, at times.

Well, let's see.

Since I have last posted I have had an upper GI done. Those are definitely not fun, since I could not eat, drink or smoke prior to the exam. The hospital is a three and a half hour drive from where I live and the only thing that saved me was that my wife and I drove down the day before and spent the night in a motel. We went out to Red Lobster and pigged out on one of their specials so I didn't have to worry too much about being hungry in the morning, before the exam. Sadly, no "fun" was to be had in the motel room, since I was hurting too much to be able to give her the attention I like to give her. The worst part was that there was some Native American shindig going on in Albuquerque and the only room we could find was a suite for $100.00 a night. Let me tell you, if I get a suite, you can damn well be sure that I will milk that mother to the best of my ability. Well, next time, anyway. Heh.

One of the other things I have been up to is working on the "goose house" for my mother-in-law (mainly painting). It's still funny that we have spent hours upon hours fixing up an outhouse that is about 100 years old into a "cute" place for the geese to hang out in. We started with four geese and are now down to two. Two died, though we have no idea why. So, what do we do? My MIL decides to buy two more. Now she will have two running loose outside while she babies the other two in the house until they are old enough to join the other two outside. Well, at least it gives her something to do and that's always a good thing for someone who is 82 years old and lives alone. Actually, we only let the two outside yesterday, for the first time. It was funny as hell, watching those two get their "outside feet" and flopping around and following my MIL as if she was "momma". It was even funnier when she went inside for a moment and those two geese stood right at the screen door and practically cried for her to come back out.

Not much other than that, I have to admit. Gads, I am truly a boring person. I seem to just sit at my computer and veg out most of the time. I did try to get my laptop running in the bedroom, but the damned thing doesn't want to recognize the CD drive, so I will have to get that up and running if I expect to work on any of my stories in the bedroom. Oh, it's okay, I will be doing that while my wife reads. When it's time to bump uglies, we have a habit of just clearing off the bed and going for it, everything else can damn well wait for an hour or so.

Anyway, that's about it. Nothing special. Told you I was boring, what can I say?

Later.

No comments: