Thursday, May 19, 2005

Doing the grass thing

Okay, I gave it my best shot, but the mower just wasn't in it for me, today.

Of course, it didn't help that I woke up at 1:00 PM today, thanks to medication that is supposed to make me feel "happier". Guess that's the "trade off" of them. My peeve is that they don't seem to be working all that great. Then again, it's probably just my body, doing the "toleration" thing, as usual. Eh? Oh, by "toleration" I mean that I seem to build up a tolerance to any meds I take. I've probably written about this before, so that's all I'll say about it, unless someone tells me different, then I'll discuss it.

So, along about 3:00 PM, I decided that the half of the front yard that wasn't cut three days ago needed to be cut, so I headed out to do so. After less than half of the area was cut, the mower decided that it didn't like me anymore. It was showing it's dislike by running slower and slower and, when I refilled it with gas, it just wouldn't start again. At some point, after the no-start strike by the mower, I decided to hit the old dog-runs with the "weed-eater". Actually it's made by "Black and Decker", but it's the best one I have ever owned.

So, I get done with the dog runs and the manager of the place comes over and tries to help me get the mower started. He pulled out the spark plug and scraped it a bit and it started up. He left and as I was attempting to finish the job, it quit again. He was just leaving and, seeing me sitting on the ground, in almost terminal disgust, he said that he'd get a new spark plug for it and bring it by tomorrow. That I can live with, since I was hurting so bad it was an extreme effort just to not scream each time I moved.

Now, I am on the net, and will be for a while. Maybe, once my meds kick in, I'll go up to the bedroom and try to work on my stories. Till then, I'll just surf the web and see which is what and where.

Later.

No comments: