Sunday, April 10, 2005

Getting old?

Gads, I seem to have some good ideas about what to write and then, blooey, they're gone and I forget to post here. I don't know what to write half the time and the other half I just forget to write down what I want to post here. Oh, I have a small text file that I use to write in, and, when I am ready, I just copy and paste it into my blog. Easier, as I don't have to worry about getting logged off the site for not doing anything for a specific amount of time. That is, if Blogger even does that. I don't know, and to be honest I don't care, since I will do it my way and not worry too much about their way.

This is hard to believe, but I am sitting here and there is a blizzard going on outside. Geeze, southern Colorado can get weird, I guess. My son was whining earlier to go over to a friends house, but I managed to deal with the whining until the weather let up a bit. Of course, now him and two of his buddies are in the kitchen, eating my huney buns and doing whatever it is that 12 year olds do when adults are not breathing down their necks. I didn't ask why they decided to come over here and I don't think I will. I do know, however, that the mother of the other two boys is just as happy to get them out from underfoot as we are to get mine out the door whenever we can. Whining can only be tolerated for a certain amount of time, then it gets to be like the bit where kids are going, "MINE, MINE, MINE" over and over again with that voice that goes into your brain and makes you want to chew on tinfoil to stop the voices. Heh.

I guess I can place myself along with the "old folks" now. I was working on the "goose house" for my mother-in-law and wound up with a minor sunburn. The problem is that I managed to get it on the top of my head. Not enough hair, now, to keep out the sunlight. I'm not really all that much of a hat person, but I guess I don't really have that much of a choice. Even though I tend to call myself a troglodyte, I still get out enough to need to cover my head, now, I guess. Still, I don't worry all that much about losing my hair. It's all grey now, anyway, so losing it is the next logical step. And, no, I refuse to color it - I figure that I worked my ass off for each and every grey hair that I have and I am proud of it. If it wants to fall out, that's okay too.

I think I'll go and mess with my wife.

1 comment:

angrygrrface said...

COLORADO ROCKS! I miss it. But, ha! Blizzard!