Sunday, February 20, 2005

Back again

Okay, how do so many people seem to manage to post on their blogs, when they are suffering from some form of depression? I sit and stare at the page, hoping that something comes up that I can talk about, that won't cause me more depression. I get depressed just reading some blogs, so that most certainly doesn't help.

Anyway. Here goes another attempt.

Got kids? Almost teenager kids? Know that they will, happily and with clean conscience, lie their asses off to you? My son was on my computer the other night and when he had gotten off and gone to bed, I found that the screen had some blobs of goop on it. They were a mess and quite difficult to get off. Now, before you start screaming at me about my own cleanliness habits, I know for a fact that when I had gotten up there were NO blobs of anything on that screen. The next day I confronted him and he totally denied doing it. Hell, at 11 1/2 years old, he most assuredly knows right from wrong, so saying he has problems with telling right from wrong is out. I finally found out that he was getting the goopy stuff out of my mouse pad (it has a pocket of jell-stuff in it for my wrist) and got it on the screen. Other than him doing it, I was mainly concerned about getting it off, so I can see the screen. My main response was that, if he did it again, he'd lose use of my computer for a month. Since it's the only one he's allowed to do internet surfing on, he agreed, pretty quickly.

We had a bit of a "family discussion" on how kids tend to lie and steal. Maybe it did some good. I certainly hope it did. When tears start and parents are talking "in a nice tone", I tend to feel that some soaked in. Of course, it doesn't hurt that they have a cousin who is a policeman and can help us out with "jail", either.

Okay, that's it. Go take a bath, I'm planning on one.

No comments: