Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Happy Birthday to me

Two days ago I turned 47 years old. Yah. Big horking deal. I don't really feel that old, but I guess I am. Aches and pains make me feel older, much of the time, but I refuse to mentally "get old". Being young in mind is wonderful and I enjoy being able to sort of look at things with a younger mental outlook.

Actually, I did have a pretty good birthday. My mother-in-law came over (which I knew about) but then my brother-in-law and his wife showed up (which was a surprise to me). Typical dinner, though much larger than usual, then presents. Oh, was I surprised! My wife went out and got me a high-class telescope (reflecting type) and I was almost floored! I had been wanting one, and we were talking about putting it in lay-away so that it would be "given" in a couple of months. I was, to say the least, flabbergasted. I will willingly admit that I was very close to tears. It was the most memorable birthday that I have ever had. Period.

Tomorrow my wife and I will begin an early morning trek to visit four of my brothers in Alamagordo, New Mexico. We expect to get there sometime in the afternoon (it's about an 8 hour drive) and then we will sit and torment one another till the wee hours of the morning. And tormenting one another is one of the areas my family has always been good at. I fully expect to get ribbed unmercifully as the "baby" of the family. Yep, at 47 years of age, I am still the youngest of 7 brothers and 3 sisters. I know, my parents didn't even get a TV till I was born, so what does that tell you? Heh.

Okay, I am off to the shower. What about you?

No comments: