Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Catching up

Damn, it's been a while since I posted anything here. Well, hell, I have said that I have a boring life, so I guess that excuse will work as well as any other.

Hmmm... let's see, what has happened since the last time I posted?

Well, I took my (step)nephew and his mom, my (step)sister, to the wart doctor yesterday. It's a good thing that I am a good listener, since that is mainly what I did all the hour and a half there and hour and a half back. Even when we stopped at Lowes to check the prices on fences, she just could not stop yammering. I say that in a nice way, but you know how it goes. I really felt sorry for the two guys back of the counter at Lowes. Not that she hit on them or anything, just that she can't help just making funny (???) comments about things and how they are going. Ah, well, at least that's over for another month.

I'm still in the process of changing my meds (for depression) and I have a feeling that it's going both ways. Yep, one minute I feel fine and the next I am almost in tears. Maybe I've gone from depression to Obsessive/Compulsive Disorder, or whatever the hell they are calling it, now. I hope not, I have enough problem with my back, without starting something new, right now.

I've been at home all day, except for one trip to Walmart to get a replacement kiddie pool. I tried to pump up the one yesterday and found that it had a nice hole in the bottom so that the air just kept on going, instead of inflating the silly thing. I took my son with me and he was slightly bummed because the new issue of Mad Magazine isn't out yet. So, to make up for that, he decided that some strawberry flavored Altoids would do. Since he has been at his buddys(ies?? Screw it.) house all day I don't know how they are fairing. The one he got for my (step)nephew is mostly gone, since he has been playing at the computer all day and munching on them.

Oh, I think I am fairly disgusted with the Army, now, too. My (step)nephew got a copy of that Army computer game from his school and I thought I would be cool and put it on the kids computer for him. Sucks. The damned thing needs so much resources that I am scared to put it on this computer. It's a video hog, a RAM hog, and just too damned much for me to fool around with. So, until I can scrounge up a "new" computer for the kids to play with (yah, right, like that is gonna happen) they will just have to deal with the games that I can put on it.

Other than that, I guess I've said all that I want to, today. Going to go and read some other blogs and get my mind out of the dirt, for a change.

No comments: